The Miss Universe Organization just announced the following empowered ladies to form the all-female judges of the 2018 Miss Universe. They are:
- Bui Simon: Miss Universe 1988 from Thailand, founder of Angel Wings Foundation, which addresses the needs of Thailand’s young and vulnerable citizens with increased educational opportunities
- Monique Lhuillier: World renowned bridal and fashion designer with creations worn by celebrated women including first ladies of the United States for more than two decades; member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America
- Janaye Ingram: Corporate executive, political grassroots organizer and founder of Women’s March, Inc.; 2017 Glamour Magazine Women of the Year along with her fellow Women’s March organizers; Miss New Jersey USA 2004
- Michelle McLean: Returning to Bangkok, where she was crowned Miss Universe 1992 from Namibia, internationally recognized model and television presenter; Chairperson of the Michelle McLean Children Trust and Founding partner of the Business of Beauty
- Iman Oubou: Moroccan-American entrepreneur, former pageant titleholder and founder of women’s digital platform SWAAY MEDIA; published scientist recently named as one of CIO Magazine’s 2018 “Female Entrepreneur’s to Watch” and awarded the first ever “Visage Du Maroc” of 2018, a new initiative uplifting female voices in Morocco and across the Middle East
- Lili Gil Valletta: Award-winning entrepreneur, co-founder and CEO of CulturIntel and CIEN+, TV business commentator and World Economic Forum Young Global Leader; O.S. Hispanic Businessperson of the Year; and 2018 Women of Excellence Award recipient, among others
- Richelle Singson-Michael: CEO of Platinum Skies Aviation and FinTech Casha.me; pioneering architect and Vice Chairwoman of the LCS Group of Companies, which led and oversaw the successful hosting of the 65th MISS UNIVERSE® in the Philippines
Singson-Michael and Lhullier are Filipino judges.
In an interview with Filipina correspondent Dyan Castillejo, Miss Universe Organization President Paula Shugart revealed that Filipina designer Monique Lhullier will join the seven all-female judge for the 2018 Miss Universe.
Joining Lhullier as judges are Miss Universe 1992 Michelle McLean and Miss Universe 1988 Bui Simon.
McLean once posted an encouraging message to Catriona about her journey as Miss Universe Philippines. McLean, like Catriona, was once a Miss World delegate before she joined and won Miss Universe.
Simon also sent her warm regards to Catriona in an Instagram post of Catriona with the children of Siargao.
Shugart further reveals that Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach will be joining them in Thailand but she will not seat as a judge.