Nguyen Thuc Thuy Tien of Vietnam was crowned as the new Miss Grand International 2021 on Saturday, December 4 in Bangkok, Thailand.
She succeeded Abeena Akuaba of the United States. Thuc Thy won over Andrea Aguilera of Ecuador, who was 1st runner-up.
The 23-year-old Vietnamese, who is a Hotel Management student is the second Asian to win the golden crown. The first was Ariska Putri Pertiwi of Indonesia in 2016.
As Miss Grand International, Thuc Thuy will be based in Thailand and will serve as the organization’s ambassador for its projects.
During the pageant, it was also announced that Indonesia will be the host country in 2022. The finals is scheduled for October 25.
Here is the list of winners:
- Miss Grand International 2021: Nguyen Thuc Thuy Tien, Vietnam
- 1st runner-up: Andrea Aguilera, Ecuador
- 2nd runner-up: Lorena Rodrigues, Brazil
- 3rd runner-up: Vivianie Arroyo, Puerto Rico
- 4th runner-up: Jeanè Van Dam, South Africa